Saturday, January 29, 2011

Walnut Coffee Cake

  Cooking Light April 2006

Before I start on how to make this, I need to tell you to write down the ingredients and go get them. Because you will want to make this. this is amazing!

3/4 C brown sugar
1/3 C chopped walnuts
1 tsp ground cinnamon

mix those in a small bowl.

3 1/4 C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

Combine flour, soda, powder and salt in a medium bowl.

1 1/2 C sugar
10 tbsp butter
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

cream sugar and buttah. add eggs and vanilla, mix well.

add flour mixture and 1 1/2 C buttermilk to butter mixture alternately, starting and finishing with flour.

Spoon half the batter into a greased bundt pan. sprinkle half of brown sugar mixture, and spoon the rest of the batter in the pan. sprinkle the rest of the brown sugar mixture.

Bake at 350 for 55 minutes or so. Cool in pan at least 10 minutes before inverting.

The verdict: wow. I mean, WOW. YUM. I want to make this every day but I don't trust myself that much. I would hoard it from the kids and eat it all before Dave gets home from work so he won't know I made it and be mad he didn't get any.

Dave's Raves: Good. Very good. I want more now.

KEEPER.



No comments: