Monday, January 17, 2011

CL Testing - Vanilla Balsamic Chicken

  Cooking Light April 2006

In a small saucepan:

1/2 C chicken broth/stock
1/2 C balsamic vinegar
1/4 C chopped onion
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 tsp orange zest
1/4 C orange juice
2 tsp vanilla

Bring to a boil and then simmer until reduced to 1/2 C. It will be at least 20 minutes.

2-3 pounds Chicken thighs. Remove the skins and place in a single layer in a 9x13 pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Stick in a 450 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove and baste with HALF the balsamic mixture. back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Pull out and top with the rest of the balsamic. Back in the oven for 15 minutes.

When I pulled my chicken out at this time, my thermometer did not register 180 degrees, so I basted one more time and stuck it back in the oven for another 5 minutes. They were perfect after that.

Verdict: subtly sweet chicken. Very moist and tasty. I liked it a lot but I have other chicken recipes that I like better.

Dave's vote: I liked it. Not my favorite but pretty dang good. (that's a direct quote) (and saying something since he hates chicken on the bone and didn't hate this.)


No comments: