Thursday, March 3, 2011

Continuing the Carrot Theme: Carrot Cookies

Here's another great one to use carrots and to get your kids some more vegetables!

Cream together the following ingredients:
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Shortening
1 Egg

Then Add:
2 Cups Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Shredded Carrots (I use my bosch attachment and make them finely shredded)

Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 for 12-15 minutes. Then drizzle with orange glaze if desired (YES I DESIRE PLEASE!!).

Orange Glaze:
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
3 tsp. Orange Juice
Pinsh of Salt
Orange Peel (opt. I usually leave this out and you can't tell the difference)

This is a recipe from my mother-in-law. My husband ate these a lot as a kid and he still loves them. My kids and I eat them anytime we have some carrots to get rid of!

No comments: