Monday, May 23, 2011

Apple Cider Vinegar

This may only be relevant to me since I am pregnant right now but I thought it was a great find.

I have been having really bad heartburn for the last month or so and Tums is doing nothing for me. I just end up eating these little chalky tablets and still have the pain of heartburn. It literally feels like a hot poker going through my chest and back on my left side.

I am part of an online pregnancy/baby website and came across a heartburn tip on the message boards. Take a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Gross, I know. But I thought, "what do I have to lose?" So I took some.

Oh. My. Gosh.

It burned so bad going down. Then I had these nasty vinegar burps for about 2 minutes. Then...the heartburn was gone! For the rest of the night! It was awesome! Totally worth the burning and burping.

I just wanted to share in case you might be struggling with heartburn too.

Lauren

No comments: