Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shrimp Lemon Linguini


If I swore, then I would have started swearing when I tasted this pure lemony, garlicky goodness wrapped up in pasta.

Who knew that so few ingredients could be so KABLAM in your mouth??

My new favorite.

If you don't dig on shrimp, top with grilled chicken.

Adapted from allrecipes.com

Ingredients:

8 oz. linguini (I used fresh pasta)
1 tbsp olive oil
4 tbsp butter
1 pound shrimp (I used precooked, frozen)
1 tsp. dried basil
1 1/2 C. chicken stock
2 lemons, zested and juiced (don't use that bottled stuff)
6 cloves garlic, diced.
1/2 heaping tsp. pepper
3 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/4 C. grated parmesan.

boil water and salt heavily. Add pasta and cook until done. (since mine was fresh, it took about 2 minutes)
In a large, high sided skillet like this one:





heat olive oil and saute garlic for about 1 minute. Add stock, zest, lemon juice, basil and pepper. simmer until reduced by 1/2. swirl in butter until melted. add cooked noodles and thawed shrimp, stir to combine and warm shrimp. top with parsley and parmesan. Try to hoard it from your kids by giving them mac and cheese. I served it with rolls and steamed asparagus.






No comments: